Mission Kids COVID-19 Response
To our Mission Kids’ community,
Our team of directors and staff remains vigilant in monitoring the developing situation and protecting the well-being of our students and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are following the guidelines of the CDC and SFDPH.
We thank you for your cooperation as we work together to keep the community healthy. We will continue to update this page with the latest information on our response and important updates will be sent to our co-op parent community via email.
Below is a list of proactive measures we are taking to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Our COVID-19 protocols are based on guidelines set forth by the SFDPH and weeks of planning by our directors and staff. Please take the time to read it thoroughly, and if after reading it, you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The way we gather in person will change in the following ways:
To help reduce the chance of virus transmission at school, in-person classes will always be held with small stable cohorts of children, staff and adults. This approach follows current health guidelines and regulations.
Strong family participation has always been at the heart of our community. Current guidelines require that we limit the number of adults interacting with each cohort and caregivers may only support their own child’s classroom at this time. We continue to strategize new and creative ways for families to participate and build community.
Multiple Learning Venues
We recognize that each family has unique needs. For the 2020-21 school year, Mission Kids will offer a mix of classroom, outdoor, and distance learning experiences. This approach will also enable us to adapt quickly as things evolve.
The following behavior will be mandatory for all students, parents, teachers, and staff:
- Complete a daily health screening before school each day to ensure you are symptom-free.
- All staff and students will get temperature checks before entering the school. We will use touchless thermometers and follow all current guidelines.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Adults are required to maintain at least 6 feet distance between themselves and other individuals whenever possible.
- All adults are required to wear a face covering at all times. Children are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering at all times.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work. To learn about our health and safety protocols, view our facility cleaning regime and list of EPA-certified cleaning products.
Keep Others Safe
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any illness.
- If you have a fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
- Stay informed and follow the advice provided by your healthcare provider.
- If you are traveling domestically or internationally, we recommend self-quarantining for two weeks before returning to school. Please strongly consider getting a COVID-19 test for each member of your family.