Job Opportunity: Part-Time Teacher
October 25, 2020
Teaching at Mission Kids
As a teacher at Mission Kids you will feel the love — and by that we mean the love from the children in the classroom and also from the parents and caregivers who comprise our co-op community. We understand that our teachers are central to early childhood development and because of that we work together to create a team environment where teachers are supported, and in turn so are children and families.
We are committed to providing bilingual, multicultural, community-based early care and education, fostering respect and love of learning to income diverse families of San Francisco. Our teachers are given the freedom to work in the classroom in an environment that celebrates the individuality and the joy of lived experiences. Teachers at Mission Kids desire to be a part of a community, possess an appetite for learning in the pursuit of providing exceptional care and education, and respect and honor the differences each child and family brings into the classroom.
We offer small classes within a dynamic, diverse and supportive community of students, caregivers and fellow teachers in one of the most popular cities in the world. If you are interested in working in an environment that expects collegiality and cooperation, while stressing both student and teacher growth, then let us hear from you.
Mission Kids has an opening for a Part-Time Teacher.
The Part-Time Teacher is responsible for supporting the implementation of engaging activities from the Mission Kids curriculum and for providing emotional support for children ages 2- to 6- years-old.
As part of the co-op, there are caregivers working in the classroom to provide daily assistance for both teachers and children. The Part-Time Teacher supports working caregivers on where and how to be helpful to the staff and children. The Part-Time Teacher is also responsible for guiding and collaborating with the staff to ensure a safe and engaging environment for the children.
- Supports the classroom environment and curriculum
- Assists in making and recording regular observations of all children (DRDP)
- Supports conferences with caregivers on student progress and learning goals
- Work alongside and provide direction to caregivers in the classroom
- Attend community, staff, and classroom meetings
We welcome applicants who share our enthusiasm for honoring diversity and exploring our community. Mission Kids believes in active learning through play while supporting children in their social and emotional development.
- Working proficiency in English and Spanish preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Google Photos
- Valid CPR/First Aid certification
- Background check including fingerprints as part of the clearance process
- Physical exam including proof of immunizations prior to start date
- California Child Development Permit (any level) or eligible to obtain permit
Compensation is highly competitive, based on experience, education, and permit level. Benefits include dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement contributions, paid staff development, paid continuing education and travel benefits.
In addition to traditional compensation, you will find that the community is committed to your success and ability to thrive through a multitude of support mechanisms.
How to Apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org